Here’s a twist on the classic burger, using healthier turkey mince and seasoned with the flavours of maple syrup and dijon mustard–two things that pair really well with our Pure Ground Native Thyme.
- 250g mince turkey (breast is healthier if you can get it)
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Pure Ground Native Thyme
- generous pinch of salt and pepper
- Hamburger buns and condiments
- Cheese slices (swiss or gouda preferred)
- Mix together turkey mince, breadcrumbs, maple syrup, mustard, Native Thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Form mixture into patties.
- Cook on frying pan until done--about 4 minutes each side.
- If using cheese, place slice on patty for a few moments to melt.
- Serve on toasted buns with condiments of choice (I like mustard, pickles, lettuce, tomatoes, and mayonnaise).
Learn more about Native Thyme or buy Pure Ground Native Thyme from Peppermint Ridge Native Food.