A sweet treat that can make either meringues or macaroons using Pure Strawberry Gum Sprinkle, Pure Ground Anise Myrtle, or Pure Ground Lemon Myrtle. These delicious sweets really highlight the flavours of the native Australian spices, and can be enjoyed with a side of vanilla ice cream.
Julie recently made these for a group visiting the Farm and they were a huge hit! Of course, the eggs are easier to beat if you have a hand mixer.
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 heaped teaspoon of Pure Strawberry Gum Sprinkle, Pure Ground Lemon Myrtle or Pure Ground Anise Myrtle (or more for extra flavor)
- Beat egg whites until stiff
- Slowly fold in sugar and beat until glossy
- Stir in Strawberry Gum Sprinkle or Pure Ground Anise Myrtle.
- For Macaroons:
- Add 2 Tbsps ground almonds or macadamia nut
- Pipe or spoon onto baking tray lined with baking paper
- Bake at 120 degrees C for 2 hours for a marshmallow inside and crispy outside!